Why Join Ourtown Independent Business Alliance?
The purpose of Ourtown IBA is to relentlessly promote and advocate for the interests of independent businesses while better connecting members with customers, resources, and each other. Your benefits as an OIBA member include:
Increased Public Exposure = More Customers
- Presentation in our online member directory, newsletter and social media outlets, which engage ## locals each month– most of whom are predisposed to seek out local businesses like yours. Your presence helps solidify name recognition and awareness.
- Professionally-produced marketing materials to identify you as local, independent and an IBA member. These include window clings, “Why Buy Local?”posters, web badges and seasonal graphics. [Show images of some materials “in action” at businesses].
- Listing your business events and announcements on our website, which now receives over ##visitors per month.
- Quarterly spacial announcement in our [frequency] e-newsletter, which has an audience of # (and grew ##% last year)
- Monthly Facebook and Twitter posting of your choosing, reaching NUMBER and ##followers respectively [add your best SM outlets].
- Listing and/or ad in our [YOURNAME] Membership Guide to Being Local (##copies circulated annually).
Events and Community Connections
- Members can connect and enjoy the opportunity to share challenges and solutions with your peers through monthly networking events, members-only discussion groups and discount programs.
- You can host an event to showcase your business and bring potential customers to it.
- Time and again, our members show they prefer to do business with other OIBA members. Connecting with like-minded business owners in your community and sharing best practices is a benefit for all.
- Opportunities to participate in all OIBA events in the community
- With webinars, roundtables, and special guest speakers, we support our member’s continued education on topics including inventory control, retaining quality employees, transition planning and turning customers into evangelists.
- Our door is always open: businesses reach out to us about a problem they’re having, we can probably find someone who can help!
Influencing Public Policy
- As an independent business, who has your back? We do. We’re an uncompromised voice for local independents. You may not have a loud voice in city hall, but with a membership of ## businesses that reach thousands of people daily, the Council pays attention if we bring a concern or idea to them.
- Through meetings with our governor, state, and local leaders, we’ve influenced the issues that impact small business community such as our successful EXAMPLE.
- YOURNAME represented local business by serving on the Master Plan for more than two years. If not for our participation, local business would not even be mentioned in these plans.
Local Hero status entitles you to:
- a rotating page-width banner on our website (with link), seen by XXX monthly viewers
- recognition at IBA events (on slides or banner and verbally)
- free ad placement in each print directory, reaching XXX people who care about seeking out OIBA members
- priority treatment for media opportunities
- priority treatment for hosting IBA events of interest
- “business of the month” feature on our website during the available month of your choosing
Contact us to learn more.
We now offer convenient automatic monthly payments for Business and Non-Profit Memberships starting at $ per month, in addition to annual payment options.
Any business that meets the following criteria is welcome to join:
- Must have their primary place of business in [YOUR AREA],
- At least 50% of ownership lies with individuals residing within [YOUR AREA],
- Must be free to make their own business decisions without the need for approval by owners or affiliates outside the area (this does not bar participation in decisions by minority owners residing outside the area),
- Must have no more than XX outlets;
We welcome individual members, too! With a donation of $25 or more, you get A, B & C (bumper sticker, special members-only offers from XX participating businesses…)